WhatsApp is becoming a popular and extremely useful tool for running a small business.
In a previous post, we discussed the advantages of WhatsApp Business and what kinds of businesses can benefit from it most.
Today, we’ll talk about how you can use WhatsApp Business to move your clients through the WhatsApp sales funnel and turn more leads into sales.
What is a sales funnel?
The sales funnel is the journey your clients take from being completely unaware of your brand to becoming a paying customer. It generally includes the following 4 stages:
- Awareness: potential clients become aware of your business
- Interest: potential clients become actively interested in your business
- Decision: potential clients choose to purchase from your business
- Action: potential clients purchase from your business
It’s called a “funnel” because the number of people who advance to the next stage generally diminishes the further along the funnel they are.
Why a WhatsApp sales funnel?
Using WhatsApp to guide your customers along this journey is an excellent idea for a number of reasons:
- It’s a social app they’re already used to using
- It’s a more convenient and less invasive alternative to phone communication
- It makes it easy and low-pressure for customers to ask questions
- It helps you organize leads and respond to customers at your convenience
Connecting with clients on WhatsApp
To interact with someone on WhatsApp, you need to already have their phone number. So unless you already know this person, the best way to start interacting with them on WhatsApp is to entice them to contact you first.
That means that you’ll usually be using WhatsApp a little further along the sales funnel than other social media channels: at the Interest stage rather than the Awareness stage.
WhatsApp Business provides a short URL you can link to that automatically starts a WhatsApp chat with your account. Add this link to your social media profiles and website.
A WhatsApp sales funnel strategy with WhatsApp Business features
WhatsApp Business was developed to help small business owners run their businesses, and its unique features are designed to help you move your customers along the sales funnel. Here are some ways to take advantage of them:
- Automated messages: The Greeting message can help move a client from the Interest stage to the Decision stage. It shows that you are an active and responsive business, and may provide information that can help them make a decision.
- Quick replies: Quick replies make your life easier, because you can craft them ahead of time and use them to help your client move from the Decision to the Action stage.
- Labels: You can use labels to mark contacts at different stages in the sales funnel. This helps you stay organized, but it also helps you identify clients who may be stuck somewhere — and figure out what more information they might need to move to the next stage.
1. Create a WhatsApp Business account.
2. Add the account’s short URL to your social media profiles.
3. Leverage automated messages, quick replies, and labels to move your clients through the WhatsApp sales funnel.