Adding music to your Instagram Story can add a ton of value. Giving your post a soundtrack helps set the mood and make it more fun and engaging.
Here are two ways to add music to your Instagram Story.
The Music Sticker
The easiest way to add music to a Story is by using the Music sticker — a new feature Instagram rolled out in 2018. Here’s how to use it:
- In the Story editor, tap the sticker icon.
- Select the Music sticker.
- Choose the song you want from the music library. You can tap the play button to hear a preview.
- Once you’ve chosen a song, select the exact part of the song you want to play. You can choose a clip that will play for the duration of the Story, or only for part of it.
- If lyrics are available for the song, they will display automatically. You can customize the font and design. Your followers will be able to tap the lyrics to listen to more of the song and learn about the artist.
- Tap the sticker to toggle through the different designs until you find one you like.
There’s only one problem: not everyone has access to the Music sticker. It’s currently only available in certain countries.
Use a Video Editor
But if you can’t find Music in your stickers, don’t worry! You can still add music to your Story by using a video editor.
Since Instagram Stories are designed to be viewed on a smartphone, it’s easiest to use a video editor app, like Videoleap (available on iOS).
Simply upload the image or video you want to add music to, select the “add music” feature, and save it as a new video. You can then upload this new video with the music already in the background to your Stories.