One of the great things about Instagram Stories is that you can post multiple photos without cluttering your followers’ feeds.
You can add pictures and videos to your Stories whenever you like, but if you want them to be arranged in a particular sequence, it’s easiest to upload multiple pictures at once.
Using multiple images or videos in sequence helps the feature live up to its name: it tells a story in pictures. This helps keep your followers interested, making them more likely to stick around and view your whole Story instead of swiping through to the next one.
How to add multiple photos to Instagram Story at once
Adding multiple photos to your Story is very similar to adding other kinds of content:
- Open the Instagram app.
- To add a story, either tap the camera icon at the upper left corner of your screen, swipe left, or tap the + symbol next to your profile photo.
- The camera page will open. Tap the gallery icon on the bottom left (where the most recent photo in your gallery will appear).
- To select multiple pictures, tap the “select multiple” icon on the top right corner of your screen. They will appear in your Story according to the order in which you select them. You can unselect by tapping again.
- Tap “Next.”
- In the Story editor, you’ll be able to edit each photo and add stickers or text. A preview of each photo will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap the preview to edit the corresponding picture.
- When you’re done editing, tap “Next.”
- You’ll see a list of options of how to share the photos. To share to your Story, tap “Share” on the top item of the list.
How to add multiple photos to a single image on Instagram Story
If you’d rather have all the photos displayed in the same image as a collage, you can do that by adding photo stickers. Here’s how it works:
- Tap the camera icon or swipe left to open the Instagram camera, and select a single image from the gallery. This will be your base photo or background.
- Exit the Instagram app and open your gallery app. Select the next photo you’d like to add to the Story and copy it.
- Return to the Instagram app. You’ll see the “Add Sticker” option at the bottom of the screen. Tap it to add the sticker.
- Alternatively, open the sticker tray and select the photo sticker.
- Adjust the image’s size and position.
- Repeat to add more photos.
Note: The photo sticker is a relatively new feature and is not available to everyone. If you can’t add a photo sticker, you can always create a collage using an external photo editor or collage app.
- To take your Stories to the next level, try the StoryBoost app. You can use it to create beautiful Story images with 1000+ templates, stickers, animated text, and cool transitions that will make your multiple photo sequence even more striking.
- Make sure you’re utilizing Instagram’s awesome features to their fullest! Here are a few Instagram Story features you may not be using yet — but should be.