3 Quick, Engaging January Video Ideas for Your Brand
If you had a robust social media content calendar for December, but are now left wondering how to continue that momentum into January 2020 – you’re not alone. Many are now focusing on what type of content to create to start off the year strong.
Consider focusing on video content marketing this month! A staggering 87% of marketers are currently utilizing video as a marketing tool. Here are 3 practical, engaging video ideas to inspire your January content.
1. New Year’s Resolutions
Marketing shouldn’t be hard.
Everyone will be finetuning their 2020 resolutions this month and will be beginning to work towards these positive personal changes. For any of the following topics, you can simply use your phone and talk to your camera, engaging with your audience directly (check out this blog for practical pointers on how to create a vlog-style video):
- Encourage your audience to share their New Year’s resolutions
- Share your brand or business’s resolutions
- Share some tips with your audience on how to follow through with their resolutions, beyond the month of January. Keep in mind the top 10 most common New Year’s Resolutions made yearly*:
- Exercise more
- Lose weight
- Get organized
- Learn a new skill or hobby
- Live life to the fullest
- Save more money/spend less
- Quit smoking
- Spend more time with family & friends
- Travel more
- Read more
Pro Tip: If you’re a small biz in the Health & Fitness industry – this is the ideal month for you to create content (check out the top 2 resolutions made yearly!) This month, share fitness tips to motivate your audience or offer a special giveaway. Here’s a Boosted template to spark inspiration for your content:
2. Special Days & Events
Social media holidays are a great opportunity to create relevant and timely content for your brand. Now’s the time to incorporate them into your 2020 social media marketing strategy if you haven’t yet!
Using a video template app like Boosted is ideal for creating content of this nature – you don’t need technical expertise or a lot of design experience to make your video look impressive. Choose a template, select images or clips that are relevant to the holiday you’re focusing on, and you’re good to go. Here are 10 special days coming up this month (with some bonus Boosted template examples):
- Weds, Jan 1 – New Year’s Day | #NewYearsDay
- Sat, Jan 4 – National Trivia Day | #NationalTriviaDay
- Sun, Jan 5 – Golden Globes | #GoldenGlobes
- Mon, Jan 13 – Clean Off Your Desk Day | #CleanOffYourDeskDay
- Thurs, Jan 16 – Get to Know Your Customers Day | #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- Mon, January 20 – Martin Luther King Day | #MLKDay
- Fri, Jan 24 – National Compliment Day | #NationalComplimentDay
- Sat, Jan 25 – Chinese New Year | #YearOfTheRat
- Monday, Jan 27 – Community Manager Appreciation Day | #CMAD
- Friday, Jan 31 – Backwards Day | #BackwardsDay
3. 2020 Industry Trends
This month, everyone will be wondering what’s to come for the year ahead. Make a video sharing some of the trends forecasted for your industry in 2020. Consider going live to share some of these predictions with your audience (keep these tips on how to go live in mind – it doesn’t have to be as daunting as it seems!).
Here are some great resources for 2020 industry trends:
- Social Media Marketing: 20 Predictions for Social Media Marketing in 2020 via Social Media Today
- Fashion & Beauty: Fashion Trends We’ll All Be Wearing in 2020, According to the Runways via Stylecaster
- Health & Wellness: These Will Be the Biggest Wellness Trends in 2020 via InStyle
- Real Estate: U.S. Real Estate Predictions for 2020 via The Street
Whether you’re a seasoned video marketer or you’re just getting started with video – now’s the time to get creating!
1. Review these video topic ideas & select one. Search through videos across social tagged with #NewYearsResolutions and other relevant hashtags for additional inspiration.
2. Create your video. Make sure you have your desired social outlet in mind before you get started. Don’t get caught up in making the ‘perfect’ video – put your best efforts in, have a friend watch your draft and give feedback – and then hit that upload button!
3. Share the video across social. Remember to engage with your audience and to check your stats regularly to see how your video is performing.